(Un)Fortunately

Unfortunately, I haven't talked to anyone out loud in the last eight hours aside from the homeless man who asked for $1.60.  

Fortunately, I don't even care.

Unfortunately, Taco Tuesday was canceled this week.  

Fortunately, that meant that I had the entire evening to clean for five hours straight last night and be excited about it.  No exaggeration.  It was a cleaning frenzy, and I was a woman-unstoppable.  Before I finished one task, I was already anticipating the excitement of the next.  The baseboards!  Vacuuming under couch cushions! SWEEPING!

Unfortunately, we no longer have a coffee table or kitchen chairs.  

Fortunately, I scored on things like vases and teapots today to make our apartment cuter.  I even bought a little snail decoration that doesn't even do anything.  He just sits there and exists, without actually fulfilling any function.  It's like buying jewelry for my living room.

Unfortunately, I accidentally melted my shower curtain (don't ask).

Fortunately, I managed to fix the sorry old shower head on my own, easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy...but I think I still need to buy a new shower curtain. 

Unfortunately, the fact that I put a big mirror in the dining area is going to make every task take 3x longer than it should because I'm going to get distracted watching myself dance.  Like tonight when it took 20 minutes to empty the dishwasher.  

Fortunately, my post-workout dance was more of a workout than my workout.  

Unfortunately, I keep forgetting  to eat dinner.

Fortunately, I made cookies at 11 pm and then purposely didn't scrape out the bowl well (Chef would have disapproved!) so I could lick it while sitting on the living room floor in front of the TV watching Friends.  

Living the American dream?
I think I need to go out more.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts