Waking Up in Vegas

This weekend.  Just the right follow-up for a crazy long/exhausting/stressful week of not getting enough sleep and making one too many wedding cakes.  [I only made one, but it was too many.] Our aNEVADAventure came together somewhat spontaneously and was only made more exciting as we kept inviting more and more people until there were 10 of us staying in one hotel room.  SLEEPOVER PARTY! I even brought my sourdough starter along, so it definitely got pretty cray-cray up in there. 

A somewhat anti-climactic pit stop at the Hoover dam.  Still not sure if Herbert Hoover actually built it.
Faux Paris!  (In a total dorky alert: I did a Vegas puzzle over Christmas break and it was probably the hardest one I've ever done.  But it was of Vegas, and I spent hours staring at it, so the whole time we were visiting, I kept excitedly grabbing people and pointing out, "You guys! This was in my puzzle!")
As we wandered through Caesar's Palace, Laura took one look at this and exclaimed, "Oh! What a relief!"  And then we couldn't stop laughing.
Dinner at Serendipity
The aquatic stylings of the Bellagio (where Brad and George were standing in Oceans 11! Come on!)
Even though it was nighttime and we were in Nevada, I almost believed it was daytime and we were in Venice.  Or at least in The Truman Show. 
Were you looking for the world's largest 5 pound $40 gummy bear? 
Because we found it...among other things.

Seeking Sunday brunch sustenance for our starving single souls
This dragon is made of chocolate.  A CHOCOLATE DRAGON.
GELATO
Getting saucy and intimate (woohoo, Saturday night!) with Emily's Funnybone game
Mah golos

 One week from tomorrow until my Utah people and I are reunited.  

Comments

Popular Posts