Fat Tuesday, Indeed

 Or, as Sammy Rhodes calls it, "Big-Boned Tuesday."  [*Warning: I'm about to talk about food as usual.] And when I say fat, it's because we made croissants (from scratch! ye-uh) in class today.  Was it a labor of love, or what.  I don't remember loving a food so exquisitely as I did love those beautiful croissants this morning.  And in such a variety! -- original/black forest ham with melty, oozing Gruyere/pain au chocolat that nearly caused me to reapparate back to Paris in an instant. Like, this  food has a SHAMELESS pound of butter just distributed all up in it, and eating it for breakfast is encouraged.  With greasy fingers and flaky crumbs all down my front, I found incandescent contentment, if fleeting, at that. I mean, if food were my friends, I would marry it and then ask it to simultaneously be all of my bridesmaids and my wedding cake, that's how much I love it.  

This video is about bread, and it's so beautiful, I could cry.  People who love me will go watch it. 

And since today was Tuesday, that means that yesterday was Monday, which means that FHE did happen, and I was asked to blindly participate in a dating game.  Oops.  Did I get ready for this FHE like I knew that potential dates would be involved? Nah.  Second-day hair, an oversized cardigan, some jeans I found at the bottom of my pants drawer, and makeup....maybe?  So that happened.  In front of two combined singles' wards, I, along with 2 other girls, was asked questions like "what lullaby would I sing this *possible eternal companion* to sleep?" and "what animal we would ride into battle?"  (Sexy Back; a camel) Before the game even began, I knew I wouldn't be chosen.  Stuff like that doesn't really happen to me, and I'm okay with that.  So my angle was snark and sarcasm instead.  And it's possible that I used the word "audacity????"'  I obviously didn't get the date, but that was nbd.  I saw the guy's friends in the audience holding up fingers to indicate that he should choose contestant #2 anyways, and I couldn't have cared more. Or less.  While the game continued for a few more rounds, Girl #3 and I sat in the back, making witty comments to each other about the night's proceedings while watching Boy and Girl #2 canoodle in their folding metal chairs.  'Twas meant to be, perhaps. And then I ended the night flirting with missionaries (obviously) and drowning my social apprehension in an In & Out shake and fries...at 10:30 on a night before I had to get up at 5 the next morning, just like every other day of the week. But, other things are maybe happening.  I don't mind walking boldly up to a person (guy) I've never met and generating a conversation out of thin air and sarcasm.  And church is usually where that occurs.  But don't worry, Mom.  I'll casually give out my number during Testimony Meeting in a few weeks.  OR, come to think of it, I haven't met my HTs yet.  Maybe they'll take me to the temple.  Fingers crossed. 

Comments

  1. Okay, I watched your bread video. That's 5 minutes of my life I'll never get back. No, I love that you love bread so much. You probably look at bread dough like I do at my sleeping children.

    Continue to be snarky and sarcastic, if a man can't handle it he's not worth your time anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The video WAS beautiful! It made me want to be a baker--like a profesh one. I bake cookies constantly so I consider myself sort of a baker.

    And yay for going to FHE and generating conversations out of thin air : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your description of the croissants made my mouth water! Watching the bread-making video reminded me of when I would read to you from Little House on the Prairie, so in-tune with the basics of life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched the bread video and wanted to weep.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts