Nickynames

My sweet little mother suggested that I bloggly explain my Clabber Girl handle.  And since pretty much everyone that reads this is related to me (Hi Laura, Emily, and Bryce!), I'm writing this for that one lovely person in Belarus who inadvertently stumbled into my domain. (Hah! Pun intended.)   I just KNOW that they're checking back daily with baited breath, anxious to learn more about me, their unassuming American pal, so we can hopefully start a trans-continental correspondence

It all started with my sisters, who would call me Katherine Bathroom (what else really rhymes with my name, please?) and switch the initials of my first and last names with each other.  Batherine Kurton soon became Bathroom Curtain, and while it makes little to no sense, made me cry all the same. 

And then my Dad got involved. He started calling me Clabber Girl on account of the, um, baking powder balls in my muffins, and that's really when things escalated.  From there, we went to "Klatherine-coated pit," a play on the name of the protein-coated vessicles located in the plasma membrane of cells (endearing, I know).  And from there, he devised an inventive little song that ended resoundingly in "Klatherine-coated Ham-mock!" Because I have a hammock, obviously.  

Now, FYE, here's the list I've compiled so far:  (my father is responsible for about 93% of these)·        
  • Klabs
  • Klabster
  • Klabby
  • Klaberelly
  • Klabberchaun
  • Klabrador
  • The Klabmeister
  • Klabberelly-makes-me-a-sandwich-at-a-deli
  • Klaberella-trying-to-find-a-fella
  • Catheter
  • Poocha
  • Sista-g
  • Shmol
  • Klabbershmol
  • Chupie
  • Shlabs
  • Shlabber sloshy
  • Shlabber squishy
  • Shlabber mossy
  • Klabs but no ciglabs
  • Go Go Kladgett
  • Klabbershlappy
  • Klabbershmiley
  • Shlabrador
  • Shlabberschmolly
  • Foley
  • Foley Schmoley
  • Ka-beep
  • Downton Klabby
  • Kershlabs
  • Beep
  • Uncle Beep
  • Beepyhead
  • Klabberoni
 
And, as of this last week:

  • Cracker Jack
  • Katheroni
  • Sass Face
  • Sandwich-Licker (for the record, I didn't actually lick anyone's sandwich.  But now, I just might.)
  

Comments

  1. Wow, hahahaha. Do you want to know a list of my nicknames? Here it is: Em. That's it. I guess everyone loves you more.

    I'm sad to say I didn't come up with any of those, but my husband and child did, so therefore I did, vicariously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey cousin! Thanks to your facebook link you have another family member (how many times removed?) following you. Just wanted to share the love from Folsom, CA. :) - Lindsey (Curtis)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, thanks!! And congratulations on your little girl :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts