On Being a Hot Mess

On being hot:

I knew.  
I KNEW that moving to the desert would be hot.  Duh.
I KNEW that it would be sweltering from May through October.  
I KNEW that summers would be sinfully scorching. 

But little could actually prepare me for living in a constant state of slippery stickiness all. day. long. 

Too often do I debate about whether or not I should take off my pants before driving home.

On being a mess:

My job requires me to get messy, Ms. Frizzle style.  So far, many a day has been spent literally up to my elbows in sweetened condensed milk or red velvet brownie batter.  Sometimes, it isn't until hours after I get home that I find buttercream crusted on one forearm and blueberry muffin batter in my hair.  Sometimes I sneeze cinnamon. Or just coming home smelling of cocoa, with powdered sugar under my fingernails and *maybe* there's melted chocolate smeared across my bum, which no one but the skeevy old guy pointed out.

 Now put the two together and that's my life, currently.  

Comments

Popular Posts