ONE. YEAR.

365 days since I made the solo move to Arizona all by my lonesome by myself. 
365 days since I bid aideu to Provo, to BYU, to college, and my sweet sweet Utah friends in favor of doing a thing that was uniquely my own, pursuing my passions in pastry school (pretty potent alliteration, huh???) and moving down here for good.  

It was kind of terrifying, but it was a good kind of terrifiableness, the kind that forced me to make new friends from scratch, to figure out what I really wanted from life, and to kind of declare my unfettered independence.  


So now, here I sit, messy-haired and full of tacos, smack on the other side of The Year I Moved, relatively content with my current situation but ultimately relieved that it's close to over.  Pastry school has been such a great experience and I've learned so much in excitedly pin-pointing the creative processes I'm truly passionate about....but dang, girl.  That's a lot of school.  I'm ready to be a little done for a while. 

 Labor Day 2012: Moving IN and stupidly buying a really small bed



Labor Day 2013: Watching Netflix and rereading The Hunger Games 

I want to say that a good deal has changed between today last year and today now, but has it really, even? 

All I know, though, is that Arizones has grown on me, and I think I'll hunker down here indefinitely, mostly for the:
  • bountiful winter citrus
  • lack of snow
  • hoppin' restaurant scene
  • wide-lane freeways
  • saguaro cacti
  • good girlfriends
  • proximity to Trader Joe's 
  • red mountains 
  • Grand Canyon
  • sugar daddies

And yet....despite my ever-burgeoning affinity for this place in conjunction with what that cop told me back in March after he pulled me aside in the Mojave Desert for speeding, I'm still just. not. ready to relinquish my Tennessee driver's license.

Maybe next year.

Comments

Popular Posts