Pulling a Thomas



My younger brother did a big thing and jetted off to southeast Asia after his first two years of college in order to travel and explore, temporarily putting his academics on hold.  

Southeast Asia this is not, but I am currently taking a little hiatus from work/school/obligations in order to travel and spend time with people I love, who happen to think I'm funny.  After all, you're only 23.5 once! 
(Friday was my half-birthday.  Half wishes will be accepted.) 

So, after:
29 hours in the car
1.23 audiobooks
4 pairs of sunglasses
17 pounds of candy?
4 generous Mosleys 
1 broken driver's side mirror
50 degree temperatures and below
3 states
2 pumpkin desserts
1 first-time trip to Disneyland
and 4 days with the Fab 5 and the 3 Musketeers 

I was kind of 1 happy camper.




 Thanks a million, Mama Dawn!!

The center of DL!

 World of Color

 Reunited with Sister Tray-Tray!

 O-baby
Yeah, I know my socks don't match anything

Front and center: responsible for the Pumpkin PIErate

NV was temporarily parading as [modest] Ariel

 Husband status

On my drive home to AZ, I had to keep stopping and jumping out of my car to take pictures of leaves.  
At one point I might have been unceremoniously tramping through someone's backyard?
Anyways, I was obviously having a sun flare moment.

And then I went to the Grand Canyon (yes, Emily, by myself).  Of all the canyons I've seen recently, this one was definitely the grandest in all the land.

Comments

  1. Happy to be a subject of one of your posts! Whether or not you want it, here's a tip on making road trips more enjoyable: don't drive a car. Riding a motorcycle is much more enjoyable - you feel like you are REALLY traveling, part of the outside world. When you sit in a car, you feel more like an observer, watching the world pass you by through the window. Straddling the motorbike, you get a greater view of the outdoors. You can feel the wind whipping through your hair, and you physically touch the road with your feet at any time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts