Caught Fire

I've mentioned before that I was rereading The Hunger Games trilogy in preparation for this weekend's opening second installment.  I just wanted to brush up and have it fresh in my mind when I finally saw the movie event of the 2013 holiday season.  

But as such, I felt like rereading the books somehow imbued me with stewardship over the plotline and everyone involved.  Especially this one.
I had just reread it. 
I knew the characters and their motivations.
I knew where the story was going.  It felt personal to me, and I didn't want to share it with the rest of America.   

Okay, maybe I'm getting a little too territorial.  Or maybe I just need more friends. 
But for some reason, this movie seemed especially significant to me.  
Maybe just because I'd been anticipating its release for so long, or maybe just because I have a thing for Peeta

Like 73% Peeta.
And 27% Josh Hutcherson.

Can we talk about him, though?  
His hair? Or his arms? Or his freaking JAWLINE? 


This was the scene that about did me in.  Look at him.  That smolder. I can't even look at it for too long though, because it makes me upset that he doesn't exist.  Ohhhhh....this is getting embarrassing.  

And then I realized that he's 2 years younger than I am.  A mere babe.  Oh, and the actor is not his character. 
Womp, womp.  

So, morals of this ridiculous post that I learned from Friday's movie experience:
  1. I am way too invested in fictional characters (duh)
  2. So what if I'm a twelve-year old superfan
  3. And a cradle-robber
  4. But those arms, though

Comments

  1. He is really short. Womp, womp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could be more open-minded with Josh Hutcherson and his improving acting career, but he made several unforgivable movies in his younger years - and I just can't look past that. And I don't think he is dating material for you. They use camera tricks and whatnot to make him appear taller than he actually is (like Tom Cruise, etc).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what are you talking about? zathura? little manhattan? come on!

      jk, i know it's a weird crush haha

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts