Happenings at Home


 
Well, first things first. 
I BEAT CHRISTOPHER AT PING-PONG! 22-20, son! 
(Or as my nephew calls it, sping-sponk.)
I schooled him well.  Didn't get much else done, though. 

So far I've read 2 and a half books...aaaaand it's kind of slow going.
Even though there are like at least 54 (!!) places to sit around here. (That Mark Twain, I tell ya!) Usually I end up reading on the floor, but I'll probably build a reading fort sometime soon and then eat candy inside.  

Umm, I've made 9 dozen cupcakes in the last two weeks?

I've also been sewing up a storm, so that's...a learning experience.  (Which is code for a lot of late nights with a seamripper + Kelly Clarkson's new Christmas CD.)  So far, I've made a slouchy little sweater and a fun green cardigan with wonky pockets, and I have plans for a dress this week.  Mostly, though, I spend a good portion of my evenings watching TV by myself up in the sitting room, arguing with the couples on House Hunters. 
(You can take the curtains down, you guys!!)

It was a fantastic week and a half while Emily and her two little squishies were here, though.  We went trick-or-treating, jumped in the leaves, read so many bedtime stories about Mittens (the kitten), and you know, cuddled. Ugh.  Those boys.
Oh and sometimes Emily rapped children's books to me before bed, which was always exciting: 
I'm a pout-pout fish 
With a pout-pout face
And I spread the dreary-wearies
All over the place 

(Don't worry. The story goes on and he becomes a kiss-kiss fish with a kiss-kiss face, and he learns to spread the cheery-cheeries all over the place.)  

It's a pretty sweet deal, honestly, being home.  Sleeping in until 10, doing 80's step-aerobic videos, and shopping for fabric.  And don't even get me started on how much food there is here.  My parents' pantry is like a snack oasis.  

Being home, I've forgotten about the rigors and scheduling of school or about how annoying it is to have to show up for work every. day.   This is just too good, right now.  
It's like I'm just taking my summer break during the holidays and I'm not even sorry. 

[Oh, and we visited a little farm, which was pretty adorable.  We went for the slowest hayride in the history of  agriculture, and then Preston discovered the unparalleled delight of tetherball.  (5th grade throwback!) It kind of felt like Napoleon Dynamite.  And I was sure to let him "win."  Just once, though.  Now that he's three, well, these are the big leagues.] 



 
Can anyone handle those little sunglasses? Because I sure can't.







Around these parts, you can never be too wary of a Snoopy dog.
Even when you're Charlie himself.

My little cardi.
This was before I had the good sense to add some heart-shaped elbow patches.

 Throwdown between the men of the house

On the docket for this week: 
Reading, eating cookies, watching movies, and making soup.
Can't complain. 

Comments

  1. This makes me so homesick for home! I can't wait to hear the fish rap, eat your cupcakes, listen to Kelly Clarkson, and help you gloat about spanking in sping-sponk. Way to go on the sewing too.

    P.S. Those sunglasses! YES.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts