Thursday Thillies

So, things.  

Well, for starters, I went and saw THIS yesterday and: holy moly.  So many feelings.  Could Bill Weasley be any more adorable? I loved the message, first off, but then when they played my favorite Ben Folds Five song at the end, I walked out of there like a blubbering basket case.  Ugh, feelings!
(The movie was playing at this random theater in Tempe that was completely bedecked in unnerving celebrity mannequins and gigantic Star Wars figure replicas.  I kept turning corners and being startled , and then I was too uncomfortable to go to the restroom by myself because of the (fake) creepy men skulking by the door.)

Remember Whoopi Goldberg's voice? 

Today was my first day of work.  
Coincidentally enough, also the first day of my cold. 
I felt it coming on last night, so I preemptively took some medicine before bed, forgetting, of course, about how the drowsy side effects last for a full 12 hours.  So, fingers crossed that I made a good impression while being hungover on Nyquil all morning.  Not like I can remember what happened.  

Hopefully I won't get fired for mouthbreathing this week.

I saw a man in a turtleneck.  Didn't know things like that still happened. 

Even after recently receiving my diploma in the mail to certify that I've graduated from pastry school, I still can't make a good pancake to save my life.  What is that about. 

This.  Tuna fish and jello and mayonnaise!! Aspic salad!!  Spam + lima beans!!

While the rest of America bemoans the subzero arctic temperatures sweeping the nation, I find myself thinking, "Will I maybe be too warm in this cardigan?"  I was, in fact. 

2014, Day 9.  Resolutions: still going strong on all accounts. 
That's right, boys. I've been eating my vegetables e.v.e.r.y single day.  
Come at me. 

Comments

  1. Oh, I love "About Time"! Probably one of the best movies I've ever seen (right up there with "The Matrix" and "Star Wars"). That movie CHANGED the way I perceived life.
    I lived my whole life living in the past. I spent so much time wishing I could go back and change something stupid I did. Whether it was an unsuccessful conservation with a cute girl, or unexpectedly breaking my leg - I always lived wishing I could change my past. I love how this movie teaches you to be happy with what happens. Just go with it. Happiness isn't a result of good things happening to you. Happiness is a choice, a mindset.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SUCH an excellent point, bud. you keep surprising me with all these wise little tidbits! i'm glad you loved it, too! i just watched it again this weekend at laura and bryce's. one thing bryce pointed out was that watching the movie for the second time was kind of like living the day all over the second time. the first time you watch the movie, you're all nervous because you're worried he might mess something up and you don't know how it will work out, but the second go, you can relax and really just enjoy it!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts