Nonsense, Really

1.) Been debating about Billy Joel tickets for this June.  But after hearing 3 different songs of Sir William's playing in 3 different places in the space of 1 afternoon, I'm convinced it's a sign from above that I absolutely MUST go see The Piano Man himself....which is CONFLICTING, seeing as the concert is on a Sunday.  
Ugh.  Only my eternal salvation is hanging in the balance here. 

2.) Is there anything better than crispy cheese? As of late, under the guise of roasting veggies, I've been piling my asparagus high with great piles of grated parmigiano reggiano, because that crunchy golden cheese is where it's at.  

3.) Over the last couple days, since re-watching "Pillow Talk," and when I'm not thinking about cake (which is usually), I've been feeling particularly melancholy about Rock Hudson's death, even though it was almost 30 years ago and I never knew him, but kind of the way I do when I think about Liberace dying at the end of "Behind the Candelabra." (Wait, why am I so emotionally preoccupied with deceased gay celebrities?)

4.) Going through the Wessiest of Wes Anderson phases, I just watched The Royal Tenenbaums (for the first time) and The Life Aquatic this week, and so maybe The Grand Budapest Hotel on Thursday?  MOSTLY because I'm excited about his whimsical little European bakery.  But also because of Ralph Fiennes. 

5.) Recently discovered that I share a birthday with Oliver Cromwell [Lord Protector of the Commonwealth] who definitely wore that bowl cut like nobody's business. Holla at yo' Roundheads! 

6.) When the French do jumping jacks, are they called Jumping Jacques? 

7.) I just want to know everyone's Top 20 Movies list.  I'm so nosy.  I've been asking everyone.  And after days of much deliberation, I  finally concluded that this is mine (in no particular order):
Gladiator
You've Got Mail
The Great Race
Titanic
Some Like it Hot
The Sound of Music
About Time
The Princess Bride
The Count of Monte Cristo
Father of the Bride
Pride and Prejudice
Moulin Rouge
Anna Karenina
Dirty Dancing
Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
Pearl Harbor
Pirates of the Caribbean
Anne of Green Gables
Dead Poet's Society
Miss Congeniality 

WITH Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade as a top contender (for obvious reasons)
 
And so now this post has had no point, whatsoever, and basically just been about movies.  
Because those are the most exciting parts of my life these days, aside from the desserts I pack in my lunches.

And it only has 7 bullet points.  
Because there are 7 people in my family and 7 days of the week and 7 Harry Potter books, but today is Tuesday, which is the 3rd day of the week, and it just so happens to be the 3rd week of the 3rd month and I'm the 3rd child. 
So, there you go. 

Sorry for being such a total rando.  

Here are some yumzies in apology.  


Couldn't you just die? Right here?

    Comments

    Popular Posts