Where in the world is Katherine Sandiego?

Oh, alright, I'm just playing.  I know that's not the name of the game.  But I am Katherine. 
 And I did go to San Diego.  That's it.  That's all you need to know.  Stop reading, this post is done.  

(Come to think of it, though, when we were growing up, we did have an family friend of the last name "San Diego."  He usually wore spandex bicycling shorts and brought us flan and took us out on his jetski.  
This is entirely unrelated.)


As is evidenced, we took a little jaunt to the beach.  Swimsuit-less, mind you, because it was still fairly cool, and well, we'd just eaten all of the Taiwanese pastries for breakfast so...it was probably for the better. 


We scampered around La Jolla Shores to get a good smelly glimpse of the blobby sea lions.
(Well.  Your mom didn't tell us about the blobbies...)


I mean.  Look at that blubbery sense of community.  Swim.  Nap.  Be a sea lion.  Repeat. 



We brought Little Boo-Boo Face with us, but she didn't seem to care much about the beachy vibes.  
She just wanted to be chunky and adorable, which I supposed was excusable.  
The baby, that is...not Emily.  Though she is pretty adorable, too.  


Emleh04 and I don't get a ton of pictures together, but it's not because we don't like each other.  
More like I don't get to see her all that often.  But we really are the best of pals.  
PLUS, she plays with my hair and lets me tell her all my secrets. 


We toured the Hotel del Coronado (or THE DEL if you're in the mood for brevity) where we ate expensive ice cream and frolicked about the sand, singing and pretending to be Daphne and Sugar



These sister wives of mine really are my absolute favorites.  We aren't able to spend a ton of time together, living sprinkled about the country the way we are, but when we do, we make the most of it, eating tacos and cheesecake and bread and pancakes, scaring each other, quoting movies, and laughing about everything. 


It was kind of unique, this little get-together of ours, seeing as The One With Two Kids was flying solo for once, while The One Who Used To Not Have Any Kids now all of a sudden happens to have one.  
And, as always, I was dependably there for comic relief. 


I've decided to start calling them all E-Fo, L-Mo, and B-Mo.  
(And, of course, B-Fo, whenever he finally decides to make an appearance again in my life.)


 I've said it once and I'll say it again: couldn't you just DIE over that baby's chub??? 
I know I could. 
In fact, I may be dying this instant from Baby Chub Withdrawal.  

And of course: no visit to the SD would be complete without a stop by to see this breathtaking lady.  


Cuties!  The lot of them! 

And now, to send you off: a healthy dose of adorable.  Be on your merry way. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts