Never Have I Ever Been Inside A Brachiosaurus*


That used to be true.  Up until Sunday, that is.  
(It was a wild and unpredictable weekend, apparently.)


For one, Nicole and I made history this weekend, voyaging out on our First Ever Roomie Roadtrip together and lemme be honest: driving six hours with a buddy is WAY better than driving six hours on your own, 
no matter how funny and entertaining you may find yourself.  

When driving alone, there's always a moment around the 4-hour mark where you look out at the vast nothingness of the Mojave Desert and wonder if you should reconsider this whole trip, given the exorbitant price of gas and the probability of falling asleep at the wheel on account of the dreadfully boring audiobook you accidentally brought along.   

When driving with a friend, there's: singing, multiple unilateral games of "Heads Up," introspective discussions, Family Feud tournaments, and spontaneous pit stops for Dole whips on the side of the road. 

Tell me which scenario's better. 


The Mosley Bears took us on a little excursion to the Orange County Fair, which even sounds dreamy and old-fashioned.  Though carnival rides with their gaudy lights and spinning madness will always have their place, there's nothing quite as giggly as seeing giant barnyard animals up close (correct me if I'm wrong).  


And amid the deep-fried Reese's cups and foot-long corn dogs and grapefruit-sized cinnamon rolls, there's always a little room for some sugar sugar when it comes to Baby Egg.  Her chub continues to be one of my absolute favorite things of all time, ever.  I really want to bite her....but I won't. 



Not like anyone's wondering, but I am LIVING for those baby thighs.  And that swimsuit.  
Someone, stop me now.  But it was cute beyond words to see Nicole as a most affectionate auntie, 
loving on those little cheeks whenever there was a chance.


Thanks, California lovelies, for the pizzookies and the swimming and the Mongolian BBQ.  Despite the horrific traffic, these weekend retreats are always a welcome respite from the Arizona heat or the annoyances of the workweek.  And even after 5 trips out west in the last 7 months, they still have yet to get old. 


 

*NOTE: These are not real dinosaurs, don't be fooled. 


And in case there was any doubt about whether things were going too swimmingly, when I returned home on Sunday night, my bathroom door promptly just FELL off of its hinges.  
Apparently bathroom privacy is only for the elite these days. 

Comments

  1. Aw I miss aft Annie! I'm glad she seems wary of Nicole which means I'm not replaced.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts