4/7 Ain't Bad

Tonight was just a weird night.  The more and more I scoot away from my college years, the more elderly I become as my reluctance to go out and socialize increases. 

Like, you know that feeling when you show up at a dinner party late, not knowing it was a dinner party, and then you don't have a chair to sit in, to eat said dinner?  Because you were late?  Or when an old French guy asks you out and you accidentally agree because he asked you in French and you didn't know what he was saying? (And because you were distracted by how he wouldn't stop rubbing your back?)  Or when you're at a gas station and someone comes and taps on your window and asks you to call their ex-girlfriend for them on your phone? And then you do????????

Well, if anyone's asking, yes, I do know.  Because all of those things happened tonight. 

But on the plus side, I also met probably THE most attractive man Arizona has to offer, and I actually made him laugh.  In French!  And then on my way home, my tire pressure light came on (I know, I know, I always talk about this) but I calmly and maturely didn't freak out, and remedied the situation on my own withOUT supplicating a trucker or a friendly Rodizio employee named Leonardo for assistance. 

Is this growing up?  
I think so

Earlier this week, I saw on the interwebs a list of the "Seven Wonders to Becoming a Supreme Adult:"
  1. Public speaking
  2. Not being afraid of teenagers
  3. Calling the doctor yourself
  4. Taxes
  5. Arguing without crying
  6. Having a normal sleep pattern
  7. Having an answer to the question, "What do you want to do with your life?"
Meh.   More than halfway there. 

And if I ever were to become a Supreme Adult, I would probably use my powers to go ahead and add "Filling up the air in your tires unassisted" and "Warding off handsy old drunk men with irrefutable aplomb" to the list.  
One day.  One day. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts