Retrospective

2014.  What a doozy, am I right?


Where to begin?  Wellllllllll, for the first time in 18 years, I wasn’t in school, so that threw me for a loop.  

I got a job, lost a job, and got another job.  



My first little niece was born.  

I moved in with my bestie-girl, Nicole.  



Read 26 books.  

Made 237 recipes, most of which were new, and most of which were desserts.  



Did 5 wedding cakes for friends, among other assorted orders for cookies and cupcakes.  

Went to San Diego, San Francisco, and Pennsylvania, not to mention 5 separate trips out to CA to visit my Mosley Bears. 



Hosted family and friends in AZ a couple different times.  

Tried caviar. 



Began meeting strangers from the Internet in real life – food bloggers, French-speakers, and boys.  

Finally bought a queen-sized bed.



Went through the temple. 



And sewed 15 new garments - more than I ever have in one year.  




I did things that scared me and things that were hard, and I did a lot of growing up. 



And here I am, here we all are, on the other side.  

2014 was probably my most challenging year yet, so much uncertainty, worry, and confusion, especially about the future. 

But also: so much good.  So much fun over the last 6 months living with my dear, dear friend.  So many fun travels and meals at delicious restaurants.  So many cute baby photos.  So many cute boys.  So much laughing, especially as of late with this little tiny big brother.  
And of course, SO MUCH CAKE.  

I don't have many expectations for 2015, my quarter-century, except that I will ride in a hot-air balloon for my golden birthday and it will be amazing.  I have no idea where I'll be celebrating Christmas next year, where I'll be living, or where I'll even be working.  All of that might be relatively the same as this year, or it could very well be radically different.  And I guess that makes it all kind of exciting??

Comments

  1. Damn Chris. Your huge guns kinda make up for the weirdness that is your clothing choices.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts