A Brief History of KatNic and the Mosleys



(Is it just me or would “KatNic and the Mosleys” be a good name for a band?)

Think of this post as a companion to Stephen Hawking’s “A Brief History of Time” in…no way except for the fact that the titles sound similar.  And mine is probably better researched.  PS.  Eddie Redmayne.  

So, to begin: Laura and I are sisters.  Duh.  Sometimes we’ve even been twinning enough that I could take her BYU student ID to the Richards Building to swim and no one would know the difference.  


Nicole and I are roommates. Even more duh.  
#KatNic. #NicandKat. #Eternalroomates #Roommatesforlife.  #RFL.  #Mermates.  


2008.  Nicole and Laura meet at college first, as Laura was roommates with Nicole’s high school friends.  

2009.  I follow Laura to UT a year later and unintentionally befriend all of her friends, including Nicole, after she comes back from China.  (I specifically remember the night Nicky From SOJO asks me to go to a party with her and unabashedly belts out Enrique Iglesias songs in the car on the way there and I have a distinct moment of realization that we are now friends.  And then we eat gigantic ice cream sundaes the size of our faces at Leatherby’s.)  Nicole lives in an apartment in our complex, sometimes she lets me ride on her shoulders, she and I take Physical Science 101 together, neither one of us ever understands the theory of relativity, and then we steal my roommates’ bathroom door on April Fool’s Day and put all of Laura’s DVDs in mismatched covers.  I also briefly think it's a good idea to cut my own bangs, which it is not.



2010.  Laura and Nicole live together. I live in BYU’s Foreign Language Housing, but Nicole and I start going to Zumba together and a lifelong friendship is ignited between Nicole and dancing.  And then sometimes we play Cuphands late at night, which is even sillier than it sounds. 


2011.  Laura and Bryce start dating.  I FINALLY MOVE IN with Laura AND Nicole (and Alicia!), and sometimes when Bryce comes to visit from California, he and Laura let me third wheel on their dates.  We go to the corn maze and the planetarium, we have an elaborate Thanksgiving dress-up dinner, we have cupcake-throwing contests on people’s birthdays, we build gingerbread houses for Roommate Christmas, and we watch “Little Women” and eat chili and make caramels.






2012.  We throw Nicole a fancy mocktail party and she moves to the Philippines for her 18-month mission.   Laura and Bryce get married.  I move to Arizona for pastry school, and they let me come visit them in California on occasion.  We go to the beach and eat muddy buddies and watch “Best in Show” and Laura finds an antique Micky "Moose" telephone. 

2013.  Nicole comes home from her mission!  

2014. Laura has a baby.  Nicole moves to Arizona so she and I can move in together and be best friends.  


CUE 2015.  Nicole and I visit Laura and Bryce and Annie and Spencer in California.  Laura, Bryce, and Annie visit KatNic in AZ over Memorial Day weekend.  Nicole and Katherine continue to gradually assimilate into the Mosley family.  KatNic + Laura + Bryce + Emily go to Nicole V’s wedding in Draper and it’s the cutest day.  





Which brings us up to speed to June 2015.  Laura continues to be pregnant with her second Mosley baby.  Katherine is alone in Phoenix, sewing and eating Cheetos by herself, while Nicole is in South Jordan, home for the summer, watching the Star Wars Trilogy for the first time and making us all proud.  

All of these cats – I just love them.  Laura and Bryce.  Annie Bug and Baby #2.  Nicole.  Emily and Nicole V.  

(*Disclaimer: my love for these people on the west side of the country in no way affects or diminishes my love for people who live in Tennessee or Pennsylvania or Asia or who are named Emily and Brandon or who are bald.)

Comments

Popular Posts