Shell we go to Mexico?

Alternate titles for this post at the bottom of the brainstorm barrel included:
Going back for sea-conds
Seas-ing the opportunity
Another Vacation? Oh buoy//This is getting out of sand.
Algae you later, Mexico!
Tis the sea-son
Shell Yeahhhhhh

COMPLETELY UNRELATED TO ANY CONTENT OF THIS POST: Last night I had a *very* vivid dream that I applied to be a contestant on a mystery dating show, not realizing that the person we were all trying to date was going to be CHUCK NORRIS.  He came into a screening room where I was waiting and we introduced ourselves.  I was being very coy and flirty, so much so that I kept turning him down, despite his persistent efforts to ask me out.  When he realized how unrelenting I was planning on being, he eventually left.  Only retroactively did my dream-self regret my behavior, thinking about how awesome it would have been to play Two Truths and a Lie and to be able to use “I once went on a date with Chuck Norris” as one of my facts.  Oh well.  Live and learn.

Anyhow, this last weekend a group of 12 of us slipped below the border to kick it in Rocky Point for a couple days.  We even managed to book the same little house to stay in, right on the beach.  Our group was great, the weather was great, the water was great, and the tacos were phenom.

It was fun to think that the last time I'd been near the water like this had been in Ireland, and now here I was in Mexico with a completely different ocean on a completely different continent. 




Plus, I got to wear a little off-the-shoulder ruffled swim cover-up that I’d made, which turned out super adorbs. 

Vacation skills included: eating lots of peanut butter M&Ms and assiduous sunscreen reapplication.   

Also, we really struggled at 1) taking photos and 2) taking photos with everyone in them, so this one at lunch is the only full party picture.  






And now we're back in the states and I'm trying hard not to think about leaving all these hoodlums in a matter of mere months (crying face emoji).  Instead, let’s celebrate that I was one of the trip drivers, and not only did my car NOT get stolen in Mexico, but none of us died! Huzzah!

Comments

Popular Posts