CGC Birthday

Today is my anniBLOGiversary!!  
My INTERNETiversary.  
Whatever.  I've had my blog for a year, today. 
(Do you even care?)

I remember being so hesitant to start one, feeling like it was pretentious and no one cared what I thought.  I still don't think anyone wants to know what I think, but I have enjoyed this creative outlet, and the fact that I can put pictures of food up here, without being that person on Facebook, is kind of a self-absorbed plus.  

In the last year, I've written poems, pretended I was a doctor,  told everyone how I feel about pop music, and photographed the heck out of my pastries. 

This was by far my most-read post, which is funny because I was SOOOO nervous about publishing it for all the world to see.

It's been fun, though.  So, thanks be to all y'all who have been reading.  
And even biGGER thanks be to all y'all who aren't even related to me and still read.  
'Preciate it, guys.  

And so, because you've earned it, here are some gratuitous photos, obviously. 
 

Pumpkin chocolate chip banana bread with maple glaze


Apple pie cups.  And though no one can tell, I feel like it's important to point out that I made the filling, oatmeal streusel, and salted caramel sauce by hand.  Like I started out with actual apples, and then peeled them and all that jazz.  The whole 9 yards.  I just want you to know.


Aaaaaand the impromptu apple pie that followed after I made too much filling.  
Don't judge the crust.  DJTC. 


Last night, we celebrated this little goon and his five years in Northwest Honor Choir and how studly he looks in his bow tie, after which he went and did something really cool with his friends, while I went on a date (with my parents) and we ate our body weight in sushi and negimaki. 
 
Also, while being home, I've been cleaning out my bedroom from high school.  Among the weirdly large collection of beads and my clock that runs on potatoes, I've discovered some really great treasures, including the weave I wore all throughout seventh grade (from when I inadvertently went through a brief African-American phase?), some double-exposed pictures from Disneyworld thirteen years ago, and all of my dental records.  I'll keep them, in case anyone wants to come take a peek.  

And now I'll just leave you with this embarrassing gem.  
 

Comments

  1. I'll check your dental records if you like! Happy Blogiversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! That is the WORST picture of me ever, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I meant to post that on your previous post . . .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts